Professional liability insurance
As a combined YTK member, you will have liability insurance covering damages arising through your profession, position, or post. You can use the insurance if you have been a combined member for at least six months when an insured event occurs.
Since 1.1.2022, YTK’s combined members have enjoyed coverage with LocalTapiola’s liability insurance.
The insurance covers personal injury or property damage that you cause to another party where the following conditions apply:
- You are liable for damages under the applicable law and
- the damage you caused was found to have occurred during the insurance period..
Note that when you work for someone else, your employer is always primarily liable for damages towards the injured party. In such a case, the insurance only covers the amount you are obliged to pay your employer in compensation.
If an insured incident of loss or damage is brought to court, the insurance will also cover your lawyer’s fees and legal expenses.
The insurance does not cover the following:
- Economic loss unrelated to the personal injury or property damage
- Loss or damage for which you are liable as an employer
- Damage to property that is in your possession, that you have borrowed, or that is otherwise available for you to use, store or otherwise handle or look after
- Damage for which you are liable solely on the basis of an agreement or other commitment
Sums insured and deductible
The maximum compensation payable under a liability claim is 85,000 euros. Your deductible is 400 euros.
The foregoing is not an exhaustive description of the content of the liability insurance. The insurance terms and conditions describe the exact content of the insurance.
What to do
- Go to the OMA+ service and check you have paid your YTK Worklife membership fee.
- Send a free-form insurance claim by email to [email protected]
Include the policyholder’s contact details in the claim:
Name: YTK Työelämä ry.
Business ID: 2010274-1
Email address: [email protected]
Phone number: +358 2 760 7630
Please also state the following in your insurance claim:
- What happened and when
- Who has made demands, what the demands are, and the contact details of the person demanding compensation
- What your role was in causing the loss or damage
- How the loss or damage could have been prevented
- The amount of loss or damage, if known
- If necessary, include photos of the scene of the incident or the damage
After receiving an insurance claim, LocalTapiola requests any additional information it needs to determine whether the claim can be paid. When all the necessary information is available, LocalTapiola will issue a claim decision. A claim decision will also be issued to the injured party.
LocalTapiola’s advice to members in the event of a liability claim:
phone 09-453 4150
email [email protected]
Professional legal expenses insurance
As a combined member, you have access to professional legal expenses insurance in the event of civil disputes or criminal charges related to your employment…
- Student members
- Combined members