Skip to content

Home Work life guide page Other leaves

Other leaves

On this page you will find information about study leave and job alternation leave . 

During a study leave based on the Study Leave Act (273/1979), the employee is released from his or her obligation to work for the duration of the training or studies. Study leave is unpaid, unless otherwise agreed with the employer. During study leave, the unemployment fund does not pay compensation.

The right to job alternation leave is based on the Act on Job Alternation Leave (1305/2002). Employees are free to use job alternation leave as they wish, so studying is possible during job alternation leave, for example. If the conditions are met, the unemployment fund pays job alternation compensation for the period of job alternation leave.